Data Protection Policy
This policy sets out how Paignton Photographic Club complies with its obligations under the applicable data protection legislation.
Collecting, holding and using Personal Information
"Personal information" includes a member’s name, address, telephone number(s), email address, any relevant distinctions/qualifications and Club membership number.
The Club may collect, hold, and use members' Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Maintaining Club records of membership and subscriptions;
- Contacting members in relation to Club activities and events;
- Informing members of competitions, exhibitions or other events organised by third parties and related to the Club’s activities;
- Recording members’ image submissions and results for competitions or exhibitions, including external competitions and exhibitions in which the Club participates;
- Identifying members’ images on the Club's website;
- Identifying members in promotional material for the Club where the material includes such members’ images.
Members are deemed to consent to the Club's collection, holding and use of Personal Information in accordance with this policy pursuant to their voluntary membership of the Club.
The Club may disclose Personal Information to third parties (typically other photographic organisations) where it is appropriate to support a Club activity such as an inter-club competition or exhibition. Only sufficient information will be disclosed for the purposes for which it is required. The Club will not disclose personal information to third parties for commercial purposes.
Right of Access
Members are entitled to access the Personal Information held by the Club in relation to them. Any member wishing to do so should apply to the Club Secretary.
Retention of Personal Data
The Club will only retain Personal Information for as long as is necessary. The Personal Information of former members will be deleted one calendar year after the end of the club year in which they ceased to be a member. However, that member’s name will remain associated with historical records such as competition results and images previously entered in Club or external competitions.
Protection of your Personal Information
The Club holds members’ Personal Information in a secure data store. Access rights are granted only to Club Committee members or, if necessary, to a Club member working under the Committee's direction on Club business. Members that have access to the Personal Information held by the Club may do so only for the purposes of the Club’s business and not for any personal use.
Where Club communications are made by e-mail to multiple members, the BCC (blind copy) field will be used for members’ email addresses.
Club Competition Secretaries or their nominees will notify external clubs or organisations of the limitations of use of the Personal Information of Club members when submitting images for competitions or exhibitions.
Cookies are small files stored on a user’s computer that are designed to hold data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer so the website can remember who you are. A cookie usually contains the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie, and a randomly generated unique number/value. When you visit this Internet site, we may send you a cookie and use these cookies in the following ways:
- To help us identify you as a unique visitor for when you return to our website, This will then allow us to tailor content of our website(s) to match your interest preferences;
- To including any favourite studio-based education/training courses, services, events or comparisons of these, you may save.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that we use to fully understand how users use our website(s) and allow us to improve the structure of our website(s).
This website uses two types of cookies:
- session cookies – these are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site
- persistent cookies – these remain in the cookie file of your browser for longer, although how long will depend on the lifetime/duration of the specific cookie.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type for our system administration and improvements to our website(s) and or any advertisers we work with. This is only statistics data about our users’ browsing patterns and actions and does not identify you as an individual